As a Simian Subscriber how should you prepared for the GDPR changes?
1. Simian is private media sharing service. All personal data and user data is controlled by the Client (you). We do not directly view, use or administer data entered or used by the Client (you). Information entered is not shared or used by Simian for any purpose beyond your account. All Simian installs are separate and self-contained - all data is housed securely and independent for each Simian client.
2. You are responsible for your own compliance with the GDPR, just as you are responsible for compliance with other existing laws today, like the ePrivacy Directive. Every account on our platform that collects or processes personal data of individuals in the EU, regardless of the company’s location, should prepare for GDPR to go into effect on May 25, 2018.
· Are you transparent in how you collect and handle user data (e.g., data collected about the use of your Simian Account)?
· If you collect or processes personal data with your Simian account, do you provide a privacy notice on your company website to explain how you collect, use, and share this data, including the types of parties with whom data is shared?
· Do you limit the use of the data to the description in your privacy notice?
· Do you offer users the choice to opt out of having data collected from your account for uses that are not essential to the services provided by your Simian service?
To learn more about the GDPR and how you can prepare your business for it, click here. Other regulatory resources include:Directive 2009/136/EC (ePrivacy Directive)